The Wave

• Story ideas? email plhsnewspaper@gmail.com with idea and contact information

• Want to join The Wave Newspaper Staff? Come to Room 239 on Friday mornings at 7:30 a.m.

Celebrate is “Under Pressure”

Come Celebrate British Invasion!

Come Celebrate British Invasion!

@plhs_choir twitter

@plhs_choir twitter

Come Celebrate British Invasion!

Natalie Hoepner, Contributor

The Prior Lake High School’s choir program is getting ready for their annual hit show titled “Celebrate!” Celebrate has different themes each year, and this year’s theme features British artists from all different types of genres! This fabulous concert will take place on March 4th and 5th with a 7 p,m. show on both Friday and Saturday and a 2 p.m. show on Saturday. Not only does Celebrate attract large crowds, but this concert is definitely one of the choir kids’ favorites!What makes Celebrate so different and amazing? Instead of wearing robes and singing beautifully while on stage, kids now dress in different costumes and dance while they sing! This cool show also showcases diverse stage lights and effects, causing this show to side more with entertainment than just listening.

The show opens and closes with all choir kids joyfully singing on stage. This year, the show opener is “Under Pressure” and the show closer is “Don’t Stop.” In between those songs, each choir is featured with singing and choreography. Interspersed throughout the show are soloists and small group features. Celebrate showcases everyone’s different talents and is one of the most talked about events of the year.

Celebrate is “Under Pressure” right now as choirs are memorizing songs and learning choreography. A normal rehearsal day looks like either half singing, half choreography, or just a full day of choreography. The Prior Lake High School’s choir lucks out when it comes to choreography. Mrs. Erlandson, or E, is not only an amazing choral director, but the show’s choir choreographer! Her dance moves are truly amazing!

Some featured songs are “When We Were Young” by Adele, “We Will Rock You” by Queen, and “Crocodile Rock” by Elton John.  This show is sure to get the audience singing and dancing with the show!

After reading this article, I’m sure you’re jumping out of your seat wondering where you can buy yourself a ticket! Well lucky for you, there is a preordering link where you can buy the tickets and not have to wait in line. Choir kids will also be selling tickets at lunch at a little table!

Click here for your Celebrate tickets!