Stride for Students 5K brings helpful and healthy ideas to the community

Stride for student 5k is put on by NHS to support the scholarship fund, and it is set to take place on Saturday, May 11th at 9 am at Cleary Lake Park.

The strive for student 5k is a five kilometer run around Cleary Lake Park that anyone in the community can participate in put on by National Honor Society and sponsored by businesses around Prior Lake.

This event is being put on with the help of the National Honor Society. They believe this event will help encourage people to work hard in school and reach their dreams. They picked a 5k to also get people off their feet and get active.

Any students and other members of the community are allowed to run or just support their peers running. The entry fee is $25 for anyone older than 18 and $20 for anyone younger and all participants are given a T-shirt for completing the race

All this money goes to the scholarship fund for graduating seniors at Prior Lake High School who plan on continuing their education at a higher level school.

This year’s theme is “Scholar Run” to promote the seniors and the efforts they put in throughout their high school career. All runners are encouraged to represent the school of higher education they wish to go to.

Many companies around the Prior Lake-Savage school district area are sponsoring or helping out at the event, including the Prior Lake Animal Hospital.

“We thought it would be a fun activity to be involved with the high school kids because our kennel workers are all from the high school,” said Kari Lubansky, the head of kennel workers at the pet hospital, “We will be handing out waters at the sides for students and adults if they are running the 5k.”