The Clumsy Custard Horror Show

Arnis (Ryan Fuller) irritated by Ushers (Josh Leeper and Casey Gardner).

After an exciting year of performances, the PLHS Theatre Department will be finishing out the school year with this year’s Spring Play, The Clumsy Custard Horror Show.  The cast and crew have been working since the beginning of February to put this show together and will be performing it on April 21st and 22nd at 7:30pm and on April 23rd at 2:00pm.

The Clumsy Custard Horror Show is about two kingdoms, Zob Proper and Zob Improper.  In Zob Proper, Princess Prince is preparing to choose a husband at the 230th Prince Picking Ceremony when she meets a dashing young man, who appears to be a pauper.  He is actually the daring Swashbuck Valpariso, Master of Fast Feet.  Little do they know what Dacron, the ruler of Zob Improper, has in store for them.  With fun characters and Monty Python-style jokes throughout, this comedy is family friendly and, with many chances for audience participation, it is fun for the whole community.

The audience will get to experience the fun of the show, but the cast and crew have also had a great time putting the show together.  Senior Josh Leeper, who is acting as one of the Ushers, even says that “this show is by far my favorite play that the school has done.”   The show itself is definitely popular among the cast.  However, it seems that most of the cast and crew would agree that the best part of theatre is the community it builds.  Freshman Parker Jelen, playing Sir Vival, says that he’s “had the best time with the most amazing people and I’ve learned so much from these people.”  This is the last show for all the seniors, and it will be a hard goodbye for them as well as the underclassmen.  But as sophomore Emily Lein, portraying Ester, says, “high school theatre is just the start of something big and beautiful.”  Though they will be missed, all of the theatre seniors have bright futures ahead of them, in theatre and outside of it.

Join this amazing cast and crew for a fun-filled show this weekend.  Tickets will be $7 or $5 with a student ID.